Wednesday, May 16, 2012

When friends lose their jobs...

Last few weeks have been tough...at work. Company laid off around 2000 employees. For the first time in my career I need to give a message to some of my team members that they need to go (its not really because of their bad performance). Luckily I don't need to send anybody same day. Thank God. 

When I went down to the war room to collect the letters for my team I could see Ram in the room talking to HR and completing his relieving formalities. Ram is my cab mate , Saturday morning table tennis partner at club , a father , a son , a husband..., a manager... He was there in the cab in the morning...I never expected that Ram will be in that unlucky list...Life is so unpredictable...I was thinking "what will he tell his wife once he reach home after loosing his job..." .I am glad he got another job close to his house within few weeks. God has better plans for all of us.

CEO's resume mistakes was another big news. CEOs resume has mentioned wrong qualifications...We got a mail on a Monday morning that Scott (CEO) left the company. Scott is also a father , a son , a husband...Everybody makes mistakes...Felt sorry about him...

No comments: